Sunday, August 26, 2007

Double shot!

*sniff* *sniff* *sniff* *sniff*

Emmmm.... an intriguing aroma travelled into my nostrils. Olfactory epithelium picked up the signal immediately and sent it directly to my brain. My brain was smart enough to conclude that the aroma is burnt carbon. I was wondering which of my neighbour is having barbeque for dinner. Disregarding the smell, I was back concentrating on my Pharmaceutical Microbiology lecture notes. Not even a minute later... "OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!" I knew it wasn't my neighbour who is having barbeque because it was my housemate who let out the scream. From the minute I stepped out of my room, an inch of thick smoke was greeting me from the living room.

The smoke said "HELLO!! Is
me again!! Remember me???"

The smoke did not exactly said those words lar! That
was the way I imagined it would be if the smoke can ever speak! Because... this whole condition looked so freaking familiar! About two months back, my housemate was heating a hot pack thingy in a pot of boiling water. She went back to her room and she totally forgot about it. By the time we were aware about it (thanks to the smoke), we rushed out to off the fire. The burnt pot was left with ZERO volume of water and a quarter of hot pack! Being inexperienced, we put the hot burnt pot under COLD running tap water! I am serious about this. The remaining hot pack EXPLODED!



The whole incident occurred again. This time round, my housemate was heating up the barley gingko tong sui. We were smarter this time. We just off the fire! =) Closed the door entry to our rooms to avoid triggering the fire alarm (I am not too sure whether it is working though), opened up all the windows and let the tap water ran for the smoke to escape.

The supposedly tong sui my housemate could enjoy:


Turned into:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.




The funny thing about both incident is it ALWAYS happens before an exam!

Anyway, no human or animals were harmed during this incident. We just lost our beloved pot. Goodbye! Thanks for serving us for the past one and the half years! We will miss you dearly!

Dear housemate, It doesn't matter that we lost another pot. What matters is you are safe. And quote, "You still have a roof over your head!" Haha.. Cheer up k?

P/S: Is not her fault that this incident happened. My housemate has been through a lot today! Just that today is not her day.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think u should get a fire extinguisher .. and amongst the both of u run a fire drill

Miss Pharmacist said...

haha... no! i believe there will be no third time!

ubean said...

Thank GOD, everybody is ok! except for that little pot. R.I.P Mr. Pot.

Anonymous said...

well, i believe that bad luck comes in threes... not hoping for a third time but this is what i thought yesterday when i was feeling really shyt.... it was really a very bad day for me... thank god it's over!! this time kit we are going to get a pink pot!!

Miss Pharmacist said...

oh no!!!!!!! no third time! no pink pot! pleaseeeeee.............