Thursday, August 23, 2007

Scarred now, what about tomorrow?

Fried onions: Check!
Curry paste: Check!
Coconut milk: Check!
Lemongrass: Check!
Fish head: Check!

All the ingredients needed were in the pot. The fish head curry aroma was circulating my kitchen. Just a little stirring and the curry is ready to be served. I was happily stirring my pot of curry until my receptors came into senses and.... "OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" I let out a loud scream! It was so loud that even my friend who was in the room could hear! Some hot oil from the other wok splattered onto my arm! I th
ought it would be alright as it would be just another scar. As I was running my arm under the cold tap water, I saw not one but nine red dots. At that point, my heart shattered into a million pieces. Not wanting to let my housemate know, I sneaked back to my room and tear drops immediately flowed down my cheek. I picked up the phone....

Me: (trying hard to push my tears back into my eyes!) I am very sad...
Bean: Why?? What happened??
Me: (wah.. I cannot tahan... I cried and talked at the same time) Oil splattered on my hand! My hand is so ugly now!
Bean: It's okay... I don't mind a few extra scars on you...

Sweet.

After two hours passed, I still could not let it go. I was back on the phone with Bean and continued what I do best. Whining. =) I had a feeling he could not take anymore whining. He said, "Don't indulge in your sadness. It will heal. You still have your arm and A ROOF OVER YOUR HEAD!" At that point, I just kept quiet but in my heart I was like... "$#%$#%$#$%$#@#@! Geez man, I just want to be sad for now! OKAY!!!"

I was really heartbroken not because of the pain. It was the fact my arm is badly scarred. It felt like the world was ending! How am I going to take pictures again??? It's a girl thing but boys just don't get it! To them, few extra scars will not make any difference. How would you feel if your dream car has few new scratches? You sam tong or not? Ish...

Condition of my arm right after the burn:

















Condition of my arm one hour after the burn:


















The next day, I went to the pharmacy and Mr. Pharmacist recommended me this:

















He said the scars will recover provided they are minor burns. I was so desperate I just took whatever he recommended. His words were like words of God!

Directions: Scar Tissue: Apply generously at least twice a day for 100 days as scars heal at 1% per day.

My university ball is in EIGHT days!

*faint*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i can only say that you are the most unlucky girl in this house... coz i fry and cause all the super "splattering" stuff but u kena everything... lol... n your Bean deserves to be punished for being so rational at such a critical time... u should tell him, "i don't care... BUY PRESENT!!!" n i'm sure the cream will work coz that's what the pharmacist said n we should all trust pharmacists instead of doctors since they provide FREE counselling... n to the only 2 ppl who will read this blog for now... get your ball tickets earlier coz this year's ball is gonna be awesome!! fire dancer, balloon magician n hot red bull girls!! i think i better stop before i start my own blog here... =P

ubean said...

eh,eh,eh i said lots of caring stuff b4 the roof over ur head and u still have ur arm thingie. ish ish ish, kena "wat" kau kau.

btw, ur gud fren deserves to be punish as well coz she indirectly she coz all the pain...