Thursday, March 13, 2008

A Decade

I cried hard. I threw tantrums. I hated it!

WHAT!!! Entrance exam??? What kind of school needs
you to sit for entrance exam? I never heard it before! And I found out then that some even entered without sitting for the entrance exam!!! So stewwwpett! I shouldn't even have sat for it! Maybe I should have just pretended sick! *tantrums* *tantrums* *tantrums* OMG!!! Is a Catholic school! What if they force me to convert or something? *sulk* *sulk* *sulk* My friends!!! They are my best friends! I don't want to leave them! I so gonna lose all my friends and being alone forever! *sob* *sob* *sob* I AM NOT GOING!!! I DON'T CARE!!!

With all the protest and crying I made, I still ended up studying in the cheapest private Catholic high school in Kuala Lumpur. Sekolah Menengah Stella Maris. Many people do not know the existence of this school. The usual reply when people ask me where was my high school was 'I don't think you have heard it before!' And even if they heard it before my reply would be 'YOU HEARD IT BEFORE??' My high school was so small it had only about a total of 400 students from Form 1 to Form 5. It did not have a field but a small piece of ground with patches of greens. We had to walk to St.John to borrow the field for sports events! The library was deserted with old-no-one-reads-it books. And my high school DID NOT allow overnight school trips! WTH!!!

Nonetheless, I have built one of my best memories in this school.

In Form 1 where everyone termed it as their best year in school I termed it as my worst year in school. I was new to the school. I had no friends. Well... I felt like I had no friends. My results were ugly! And I had to mix with this highforehead-braces-tall-think-she-is-damn-hot-or-something girl. Oh gosh... she annoyed the hell out of me. I remembered Jit was sitting in front of me and he was the who one went 'OMG!!! You failed Science!! Wern Jin did better than you!' Geez... thanks for the info! Ivan was the one who gave me a Chinese New Year card written 'Are you Dr. Jeckell and Hyde's daughter??' because I used to use Jacqueline as my name. I did not and still do not see the relation of my name with it! Yin was probably the only one I was close with.

The only good thing was I won second place in Pertandingan Bercerita eventhough I said 'Oh Shit!' because I forgot a few lines!

Then it came the first school trip to Jerantut, Pahang where I did abseiling for the first time. I couldn't remember much though except my friend (ahem! You know who you are...) kept smooching with her new boyfriend while we were all sound asleep. Not anymore when she kinda woke some of us up with the 'mmmm... smooch mmmm... smooch smooch..! Haha...

Embarrassing picture... My sense of dressing was so horrible! *close eyes*

The millennium year came by when I stepped into Form 2. I came to get close with people like Sing, Lee and Jo Lim. I used to kacau Lee cause he was damn shy. He used to look down and his face turned all red when I talked to him. All the girls was goo-gaa-gaaing over Jo Lim for his great basketball skills. And Chee was the next great player. How did I get close to Sing? It was probably in Form 4&5 when both of us were stuck in the same class. I finally found myself fitting into the girl gang especially with Yin and Jean. We also performed our very first dance. There were more more performances done like Dikir Barat, Acting, Puppet Show, and various of dances. Best thing about the performances was we get to skip class to practice!!!

Don't remind me about the height! But eh... this isn't my current height! I grew wokie??


Dancing to the song Scatman's World... Jean, Yin, Me, Sab, Sha, Sook, Julie, Sue.

Genting Highland trip was a blast. The Halloween prank of someone turning off the whole apartment light and then scare the people totally failed even after an hour of planning done. All we got was 'Don't play lar! Is not funny!' Damn!!! Haha... Sujen was the guy who brought tampons to the trip! I remember clearly they were pink in colour!! He protested, 'My sister put it inside!!!' Yeah right Sujen! =P

At Coffee Bean, Genting

Remember the
highforehead-braces-tall-think-she-is-damn-hot-or-something girl I talked about earlier? Form 3 started with 'CRAP! I am stuck with her!' I was stuck with ONLY her. All my other girlfriends were split to other classes. Ironically, she is now my ever best friend/housemate/coursemate. Ok lar... her forehead seems smaller and she is really damn hot now (hit puberty age already mar! =P) BUT she sometimes still annoys the hell out of me like 'OMG!!! Can we buy this?? Is PINK!!!!!' I know pink is a sweet colour! Not when plates, cups, fork and spoons, SPONGE, water bottle, DETERGEN HAVE TO BE PINK!

Class Teacher: Kit Ling dengan Sook Li! Selalu PROPEK-PROPEK!!!

The prominent remark of us.

Sook and I

Peperiksaan Menengah Rendah (PMR) was one of the big things going on that year. There were extra classes for it and we conveniently skipped it because we walked to Mc Donalds that was 15 minutes away eventhough we only had 15 minutes break. We felt so bad to the teacher we promised her that all of us will score 'A' for Geography! I am proud to say we kept our promise! *wink*

Our school banned school trips this year! And what did we do about it? We planned one on our own! Sook was the one went through the whole trouble planning it. When I said trouble, I meant like a tornado hurricane like trouble. We literally skipped three days of school and the school could not say a word to it!
Let's just skip all those and say we had our best trip ever to Port Dickson!

In the apartment...

Great news hit starts our fourth year. We set a new school history of having 20 top achievers in PMR. I am one of them of course! Our names were printed everywhere. We even appeared in the Catholic Church Paper I think... We became the centre of attention. Sook and I thought we could finally sit together but nooooo... our class teacher had to set the places according to HEIGHT! Bloody hell... I was so short! Sook was so tall!!! We were split! But what could stop us from talking? We ended up screaming across from one end of the class to the other. Our common scream was... 'SOOK!!! My aunty came and visit me!!!' The aunty was my monthly period lah! I ended up sitting with Sha who became my best mate in my college years. SMS-es were so popular back then Derek Lee became one of my SMS buddies!

Our class teacher used to love using our class funds to have BUFFET lunches in the classroom for special occasion!! To honour our remaining teachers! WTH!!!! Eh... is OUR money okay!

Our class is connected with a door to the next class. There was once someone fell and banged on the door very loudly and scared the hell out of the teacher next door who was sitting in front of the connecting door. No one was dare to admit and the whole class ended up standing in front of the staff room! Once again became the centre of attention! What to do?? We are attention seekers! Haha...

As usual, Sook and I always have something to talk about until one point our Physics teacher, Mr. Ganesh was kinda fed up with us and he said,

"For a change, can both of you stop talking?"

Our reply was,

"Sir, For a change, can you let both of us talk?"


Form 5s

We had the best class teacher, Mr. Alex in our final year. We absolutely adore him and he was the best Chemistry teacher I ever had. Another reason I adore him was because he allowed us to sit anywhere we want! Sook and I finally had a chance to sit together! The fact about both of us is we never stop talking! There was once we were actually whispering but Sha who was sitting in front of us turned around and said, 'Eh... both of you can stop whispering because I can hear every word you guys are talking!' Ooopsss...

My class swept the entire interclass games championship which turned out some envious horns in neighbouring classes. But I can't help to say how much pride I had for my class.

The year finally ended with preparations for Sijil Peperiksaan Malaysia (SPM) that then made all of us went separate ways.

Bonds have grown. Tighter bonds have even grown more. I am glad to say we are still as close as ever. I made amazing friends throughout the five years I had in high school. And this year, we are celebrating our decade of friendship.


P/S: Sorry if I accidentally miss out your name. You guys still mean a lot to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, excusee me... what high-forehead-think she's damn hot or something girl.... i dun think, i am lol.... and DID U REALLY FAIL SCIENCE KIT??? ahahaha.... i really like this entry... brings back so much memories of the past.. i've enjoyed all these years with you and hope we will never have to part n may be forever be covalently bonded.... ^_^

ubean said...

a long entry... but still a good read :)

Anonymous said...

awww kit!!! hahah yeah brought me back memory lane for sure. I can't remember half the things in there! but the whole jitesh's remark in form 1 was damn funny - so typically jit!! and i remember derek in form 4 and us always sms-ing! hahah good times. and to more good times ahead!