Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Barley Part 1: The Late Affair

Bean and I are finally back from our romantic getaway in Bali. The holiday was wonderful and I brought back the biggest souvenir. Fever, cough and flu. And the sweetest thing was having someone to feel my forehead for temperature.

Our romantic getaway started off with a little adventure. Bean came home telling me the flight was at 7.00pm instead of 8.00pm. (
UPDATE: Bean insisted that I write this. I was the one who actually read the time of flight wrongly. It wasn't his fault!!!!) Our taxi was only arriving at 5.00pm. The ride to the airport turned out to be heart wrenching with adrenaline rushing. The taxi driver was speeding on the over-crowded road with cars, squeezing into emergency lane all the way to Sepang. Bean stared at me and I stared back at Bean. Both of us raised our little eyebrow. An understanding action indicating the taxi driver was awesome.

Once we got down from the taxi, all Bean asked me to do was RUN!!! In high heels, dammnit!! Bean quickly lugged our baggage into the scanner for security check while pushing me to the counter. 'Which counter??', I screamed. '32!!!', he answered back. With the fastest speed I could accelerating to counter 32. Stood right in front of it. No queue. No one. No sign of 'QZ8937: Denpasar'.

SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! I heard myself whispering! The counter must have bloody closed!!! I screamed across the floor for Bean, 'BABY!!!!!!!!! THERE IS NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

The fella screaming back to me saying he was sorry. The counter was 23. -_-

And apparently, I CONFUSED him!

What the?!

The good news was we made it for the flight. We were not the latest as there was another woman queuing behind us. The advantage of being late for the flight is you don't need to wait for long to board the plane.


A smile before boarding the plane.

Hello Denpasar!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was like so excited... reading n thought i could see more of ur adventure.. but it stopped at LCCT where i last spoke to you and already knoe the storyy.... let me seee moree!!! n u havent been reading your emails have you?? pls think of the fan(s) esp from UK who is/are eagerly awaiting your reply... =)