Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Community Pharmacy

I thought I wasn't going to update my blog today but since I am still waiting for my boyfriend to finish work, I shall use the extra time to do an update.

I have finally started on my second placement at a community pharmacy three days ago. There are pretty much exciting things going around. The amount of trade names I have to get used to. Not forgetting the generic brands which confuse my brain all the time. Trying to remember which brand is cheaper than the other.

For the past three days I have been dispensing one scripts after another. At the starting of learning how to use the computer system, I was pretty clumsy putting through the scripts. Making minor mistakes here and there. There was once I charged the patient for only one box of medicines instead of two! Fortunately, my preceptor was okay with it! I am still getting the hang of it but each time I successfully put through a script, I feel a glow! The satisfaction I get is enormously great!

Oh... stocking up medicines and picking them from the shelves were so darn hard! I had no idea where the medicines were! The only thing I knew were the medicines were placed alphabetically order! Each time I looked for the medicine, I would always say that this is such a great way to train my eyesight! I hope tomorrow when I am picking the medicines, I would know exactly where the medicines are! * fingers crossed*

My preceptor has been so generous in letting me try out everything! Just today, I had a chance to pack a dosett box! In lectures I learnt that one of the reason dosett box is useful for old people is because old people have trouble pushing tablets out of the foil. Boy... now I totally understand that reason! I was pushing out more than hundred pills from the foils!! I never knew such great energy is needed for this kind of job! Probably my muscle thumb is so toned up right now!

Dosett Box that I have packed!

Hmm... gotta stop here now!

Boyfriend called! =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kit, that's really some meticulous task you're having, the dossett box.