Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Chicken & Me

When I mean chicken, I literally mean chicken. The one that goes 'Pok Pok Pok!'


Last Sunday, my housemates and I went to the Victoria Market to do some groceries shopping. We went there because I suggested them that it is cheaper to shop there instead of the supermarket. The fact that we bought a bag of chicken bones for $1 instead of paying $2 that we would normally pay. We literally saved $1! I really thought it was a great idea to shop in the market until it came to my horror when I took out the chicken bones to boil soup.

The usual thing I did with the $2 chicken bone was just giving it a rinse and dump it into the pot. Because the chicken bones were so damn clean. When it came to the $1 chicken bone, I thought I could do the exact same thing!! But noooooo... I saw freaking chunks of HUMONGOUS YELLOW FATS were all stuck to the chicken bone! *jaws dropped* And not to mention, the BACKSIDE was still there! WITH FEATHERS!!! Urrghhhh.... I braved myself and took a knife cutting out all the u.g.l.y fats and the freaking ass backside. I rinsed it with water and thought it would nice and clean to dump it into the pot. OMMMMGGGGGGGGG!!!! *eyes popped out* Huge red bloody KIDNEYS were stucked on the inside part of the chicken bone. Urrrghhh... I used my bare little fingers to pull out the kidney with all the nerves still attached to it! While I was pulling the kidney bursts with blood splurging out! YUCKS! YUCKS!! Super freaking disgusting lor! Now my hands smell like chicken fats! *sob* All the freaking trouble to save a dollar! Nobody is willing to hold my smelly hand now! =( The soup better be worth of the trouble!

I am definitely not a pampered child! Because...

1) I walked through every stalls in Victoria Market to compare prices! I told my housemate, 'There was this stall who sold the garlic for $1.20. Other stalls sold at the price of $1.50!' Freaking crap! I couldn't believe I said that to save 30 cents! Shit... I am becoming a 'si lai'!

2) I used my BARE hands to pull out the kidneys and fats!!!

3) I actually boil soup.

1 comment:

ubean said...

im sure the soup is perfect! :)

heheheh...comparing prices like si lai... good mah :p