Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ikea The Place To Be

It was the only day that I could sleep in till god knows what time. Eventhough I slept till 11.00am, it still doesn't feel enough to recharge my energy which I had used up throughout the week for work. Full time job sux in a way that it doesn't allow you to take any afternoon nap. And I am an afternoon napper. Blekz.

I slept till 11.00am and was too excited to head to Ikea with my friends for brunch and some shopping. I reallllyyyy love their meat balls! And their never ending Lipton tea supply. Ahhh... bliss! After the meals, we did a quick tour around Ikea. I was eyeing for a document tray. One thing I love about Ikea is their stuff are at such a reasonable price with fantastically beautiful design. The document tray that I found in the city was priced at $13.00 per tray. I needed three trays which would ended up costing me $39.00. No way I would pay such a price!! Ikea's dokument tray (that's the way Ikea name it) cost only $15.00 and look way more beautiful than the ones I found in the city!

Then Ikea sucked me into buying a pot of Thyme, a candle plate and a candle. Bean asked what was the candle for buy which I replied, 'Oh... I bought candle so that I could save electricity! Got scent one! And it was on discount! Two bucks!' Bean retorted, 'You bought it because of the discount la!'

Whatever man!

The worst part is Ikea sucked us into buying their Ikea friends. Each stuffed toys cost $0.49. I had no idea who came up with the idea of 'why-not-all-of-us-buy-one-and-we-will-bring-it-along-after-three-years-for-reunion?' We ended up having five of them. Each representing one of us. To prevent us losing them and replace them with a new one from Ikea, we are planning to plant a signature on the stuffed toys. Haha...



The bear, the hippo, the croc, the elephant and the lion will be reunited again in three years along with my friends and I.

3.January.2013

2 comments:

Shaun said...

Buy your car from Ikea also please..haha

SookLi said...

you forgot to add the part where I don't know who's brilliant idea it is to make Sook pay for alllllllll of them... and how many times must i tell you: IT is a Mouse!!!