Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Maze by Gordon Ramsey

Gordon Ramsey... Gordon Ramsey... Gordon Ramsey...

How do I even begin to write my wonderful experience for this entry? I guess by typing out his name three times has shown how deeply indulged I was in his restaurant!

Gordon Ramsey has recently opened his new restaurant, Maze in Crown Metropol. I am glad he did because if not I wouldn't know when my Bean would fly me to London to dine in his restaurant. *hint hint*



Maze entrance was simple but yet elegant. The environment was perfectly settled with dim yellow lights and soft music background humming through your ears. We were politely seated at our table. All our jackets and scarves were nicely tucked away in a wardrobe. Then we had someone to go through the menu with us, explaining to us what every dish were and advised us on how to pick the dishes. But all of us dive in for the Chef's Menu. Simple. Get to taste everything! Yumsss!!



The Degustation Menu consists of 7 courses. 3 appetizers, 2 main courses and 2 desserts. Portions are small but just enough to fill us up. Pictures time but I would not describe the taste of it. Leave to the people who wants to experience them personally.



Marinated beetroot with goats curd,
cabernet sauvignon vinaigrette, toasted pine nuts


Seared yellow fin tuna,
white radish, yuzu, enoki mushrooms, black garlic



Pan seared scallop,
caramelised kelp, samphire, mussels,
Champagne


Pan roasted barramundi,
butternut squash, compressed cucumber,
pumpkin seeds


Lamb cannon and shoulder, cauliflower purée, anchovy, stinging nettles



Exotic fruit vacherin, passion fruit and banana sorbet



maze “lamington”, rosella jam



I assume this is a cleaning palate. Is a white chocolate ball but filled with sorbet. I could pop like 10 more of this but sadly, only one per person. It tasted damn bloody good!



It was really an amazing experience for me especially after watching Hell's Kitchen. The food looked simple but tasted amazing. Your taste buds just went *bam* *bam* *bam*

And come on... everybody loves Gordon Ramsey!

No comments: