Monday, January 14, 2008

The Historical Land

Our very first romantic getaway started off with Mc Donalds drive thru morning brekkie. I love to start my vacations, holidays or trips with McDs sausage Mcmuffin. No idea why. Just love it.



Before we even reached Malacca I demanded to visit the A Famosa. And out of all the reaction I was expecting from Bean, I never expected such reaction. He gave me the HUH?-are-you-serious-you-want-to-visit-that-place-? look with the eyes popping out! Geez... aren't people suppose to do tourist-y thingy when they are on a trip? I was a tourist! It fit perfect sense that I wanted to visit a tourist spot! Right??? Anyhow I kept firm with my decision of visiting that place! I want to take pictures!!!!

Me: (we were passing the church) Aren't A Famosa next to that red colour church?
Bean: I remember is somewhere here!


We drove past the red colour church (Stadthuys or something...). We turned a million right turns and left turns. We passed Jonker Street two times. And... we were lost. In MALACCA. The traffic was horrible. The road signs were horrible for sure.

After one and a half hour, we were back on the EXACT SAME FREAKING ROAD one and a half hour ago! *smacks head* The freaking huge piece of stone (A Famosa) was indeed next to that red colour church that we passed by one and a half hour ago!! *double smacks head*

Finally...


What is the next tourist-y thingy we did after that? NONE!


The remaining trip was practically nothing else oth
er than eating.

Satay Babi (Pork Skewer)


Oh oh! This shop sells intestine skewers too! Yummy! I love everything about pork including the internal organs. Pork lover... that's me! =D



Cendol


Satay Celup (Satay Sauce 'Hot Pot')



Me: Ooooo... I love satay celup!
Bean: NOPE! You love SIHAM (clam) satay celup!
Me: *smack* *smack* *smack* Hehe... actually is quite
true!
Bean: Then why you whack me for?
Me: =P

What Bean said is true. I love satay celup because of the clams not I love clams because of satay celup. I ate ten sticks of clam skewers all by myself. Overdosing myself with iodine!

Wan Tan Mee


Not the ordinary Wan Tan Mee because this one has chilli in it.

First romantic getaway seems more like a gastronomical trip. But I enjoyed every moment of it. Can't wait for our second romantic getaway!

P/S: Thanks Bean's friend for taking us around!

No comments: