Thursday, January 24, 2008

How To Pump Air Into A Tyre?

Hmmm... the tyre was pretty out of air. I never pumped air into my car tyres before. It has always been my daddy who does it for me. Well, I did drive the car to the petrol station this time and pumped the air into the tyre by myself! Actually I wanted to avoid my dad scolding, "You ar... never take care of your car!". To be honest... I don't even wash my car. =P

I am not too sure I did it the right way.

This was what I did.

1) Checked that the rear tyre needs 220kPa. There is usually a label stuck at the side of the panel next to the driver's seat that you could see after you open the door!

2) Plus and minus sign on that air pump machine. I pushed the (+) sign till it reaches 220kPa.

3) Unscrewed the tiny cap of the tyre's pin.

4) Pushed the air pump pin into the tyre's pin.

5) Suddenly the pressure of the air pump dropped till 60kPa. Errrr... Don't care and continued pushing the air pump pin.

6) *ting* *ting* *ting* The indicator of the air pump machine blinking at 220kPa. I assumed it meant that the tyre is at the right pressure?

7) Screwed back the tiny cap.

8) Drove off.

Did I do it the right way??

Whatever lar... The tyre isn't flat now and the car is still moving. Daddy not complaining too!

Mission accomplished!