Thursday, January 3, 2008

An Unpleasant Date

Mum: I made the appointment for you.
Me: Emm.
Mum: You are going at 3.30pm.
Me: Okay...
Mum: The dentist's schedule is full for other days.

I hate dentist.
I hate to open my mouth so freaking wide.
I hate to wear that freaking napkin around my neck.
I hate that sucking my saliva tube thingy in my mouth.
I hate that drilling sound.... 'EeeeEeeeeEeeeeeeEEeEEEeeeEe'.

Just by walking through the door seeing that freaking dentist chair (I have no idea what is it called!) freaks me out. When I lie down that chair my muscles were so tense as though I had muscle spasm or something! GAhhhhh!

Dentist: Hmmm... You have a cavity here, here, here and here!
Me: (OMG!!! Where got so many?!!!!)
Dentist: I am going to use the local anaesthetic.

The dentist walked away for a moment and I took out my phone straight away to message Bean.

"OMG! OMG! She is going to jab me!"

I seriously did not like the idea of getting jabbed! Anyhow... she was quite nice 'trying' to distract my attention while jabbing me.

Dentist: I am using Lignocaine with the amide linkage instead of the ester linkage. There is also a little adrenaline to cause vasoconstriction to minimize bleeding. The size of the needle is 30 gauge.

Was I attending a lecture or what? =P

Half of my face is numb. My face is still numb right up to this point. Honestly. If someone is trying to wake me up by swinging the arm right across my left cheek, I WILL NOT wake up.

The whole drilling, poking, sucking, more drilling poking and sucking took half an hour. When I thought everything is done...

Dentist: You will have to come back another day to fill up the other two teeth on your right side.
Me: *faint*

I called Bean after leaving the place,

Me: Ello...
Bean: Apa macam?
Me: My face is numb... yadda yadda yadda yadda....
Me: Ok lar... I don't want to talk already. I sound like a RETARD!
Bean: WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! (Hehe... this is a bit exaggerated... but he did laugh. Ok. Fine! Giggled!)

This date cost me a whooping RM375!

*pling plang* Heart very the pain now.

5 comments:

zewt said...

hmmm... finally i see the girl whom one of my best friend fell for.

ask bean to take u out one of these days.

Miss Pharmacist said...

*jaws drop* what a surprise??! a pleasant one though... =D

anyway... congrats on your big day tomorrow! =)

somepharmacyguy said...

Hi there,

I'm certain I met you some time ago on a jaunt to VCP. I can't remember the details but whoever is in those photos look familiar.

Just saying "hi". Nice to see another blog by an Aussie pharmacist.

Miss Pharmacist said...

Hmmm... if the girl you saw was a short petite one... that would probably be me. Haha...

Thanks for dropping by! =)

zewt said...

you should have made it to the dinner... :)