Monday, August 18, 2008

Bang Cock Part 4: Chatuchak Weekend Market

I have heard everyone talked about it. I have heard everyone screamed about it. It is the shopping paradise that everyone loves. Bean said, 'My friend asked me if my girlfriend likes shopping and I said yes. My friend then said that you will loooooveeeeee this place!'



Chatuchak Weekend Market was honestly one of the biggest market I have been too. The other huge markets I had been to were wet markets to buy fish, chicken , pork and vegetables. And the market was flooded with people. People were crazily bargaining and shopping. There were people carrying HUUUGEEE bags. I actually wondered what did they buy so much. I wanted to be part of them too! Bean and I did walk the whole market. TWICE! We went back there again the very next day before we flew off. We probably spent more than five hours there! People told me if you like something just buy it because you would never find back the stall again. HA! HOW WRONG???? We had no problems at all! Probably Bean and I are very good with directions! *pats self*

You honestly could not believe the range of stuff they sell in Chatuchak. There were clothes, handbags, food, pets ranging from the tiniest hamster to the largest husky, pots and plants, more clothes, more hand bags, crafts (a great place to buy stuff to decorate your home!) and loads more of stuff. They even have courier services to send your stuff back to your country! Unbelievable!




Anyway... I seriously did not find the place as great as everyone has described. It wasn't even a shopping paradise for me. I wouldn't pay 300 baht for just a simple dress. Somehow I did not find worth paying. People thought I would go crazy with picking Barley back from the market which I totally did not. I pity the dogs more than liking them. I was actually annoyed with the hot weather. Bean was complaining the most and he kept wanting to walk under the shade. The sun was really not being very nice that day. So we ended up choosing a place and started drinking beer. In broad daylight. I know... weird. What weirder was I got tipsy. Only a bit! =P


Probably the only thing I enjoyed was the ice stick that only cost 20 cents. Ahhh... at least that helped to cool the heat down. Cola was my favourite.


Oh one of the funniest moment I had in Chatuchak was...


Bean: Baby!!! You want some squiggy???
Me: Boyfriend... is SCRUNCHIES!!!!! (and I couldn't stop laughing! =P)

At the end of the day, I only bought three t-shirts (Little Miss Sunshine for Bean's friend, Little Miss Contrary for my best friend and Little Miss Busy for myself!), two little make up bags (one to put my hand cream, tissue paper and lip balm to bring it to uni and the other one safely protecting my eye... haha... I mean iPod) and a dog bone for my dog (I am serious!).

Bean said, 'SHIT! My girlfriend doesn't like cheap stuff!'

Maybe he is right...oopsi...

P/S: This concludes my entries on our trip to Bangkok!

No comments: