Saturday, August 16, 2008

Wicked Wicked

Wednesday has officially become a housemates day where four of us do not cook and go out to enjoy a dinner. But sadly due to our tight budget, housemates day only occurs once a month on a Wednesday. Oh... I forgot to mention the most exciting part about housemates day is we get to dress up!

Last Wednesday was our very first official housemate day and we chose to watch the new musical in town, Wicked. Wicked is all about the untold story of the witches of Oz. In another words, it is the story of Wizard of Oz in the wizard point's of view. Wicked is so wicked because it cost me a bomb for the ticket! Despite me being upset over the expensive ticket, I was so excited about it I couldn't sit still in lectures.




I have never been to any theatres in Melbourne before. This in fact was my very first musical in Melbourne. I was awestruck when I stepped into Regent Theatre on Collin's St. The architecture of the theatre was really really beautiful. At least I felt it was la.



Before the show started, we treated ourselves with pre-musical drinks. I saw people holding green cocktail glasses with shining green light which really tempted me to buy as well. Plus the name they gave for the drink, Ozmopoliton made me couldn't resist in buying! Oh my god... the freaking lady asked for my ID when I ordered the Ozmopoliton! GAhhhh! Why can't people stop checking my ID? I am twen-teen two man! Not EIGHTEEEN! (Yes.. I am being delusional about me not being a teenager anymore.)


Back to the musical... I don't want to say much about it in case I spoil it for other people who intend to watch it. I personally felt that it was quite good but I wish there were more 'happy' songs instead of just slow draggy songs. The casts were fantastic and it would be awesome if there are more handsome looking casts. Their voices were exceptionally melodious. And I finally found out the pair of shoes Dorothy was wearing belong to who.

Picture courtesy from http://www.wickedthemusical.com.au

After two and a half hours of great musical, I caught this sign when I was on my way out...


Dammnit! So damn true! I had uni the next day...

No comments: