Thursday, November 22, 2007

Car

Car (occasionally lorry) has been a main source of transportation for me since I was born. Since young I am used to being fetch around by my dad, Panjang (my dad's worker who sadly is not working with my dad anymore), my brother or even my friends. When I hit the age of 18, I owned a driving license. My dad then bought me a car (Yes... my daddy loves me very much!) and since then I have been driving myself everywhere. Also having the privilege of being driven by Bean. Everywhere seems more convenient when you have a car.



You may say why not try taking the public transport? In Melbourne I will say, 'why not?' But in Kuala Lumpur... I guess you better kill me. Eh... in K.L, the public transport may take you to the designated place provided you take another 30 minutes walk lar...

Yesterday Bean and I was having this hypothetical question. We love to give each other hypothetical questions and argue about it.

So the question is...

'Will you date someone without a car?'

When a car is so important to you in your life, will your answer be a 'yes'?

As for me, the answer will be a plain 'No'. Call me materialistic. Call me pampered. Call me spoilt. My answer will still remain as a 'No!' To me, car is a necessity NOT a luxury. My question was 'Will you date someone without a car?' not 'Will you date someone without a LUXURIOUS car?'. So how does that make me a materialistic person? Car is just a basic need in life.
Yes... I admit I am someone who has a certain expectations in life. I don't think that is very wrong! Therefore, one person should always work to achieve their expectations and not waiting for it to fall from the sky.

Bean said, 'If you love that person UNCONDITIONALLY you wouldn't mind at all'

Ermmm... this is kinda back to the first question. If you already opt for dating someone with a car, the only people you will be dating WILL already have a car. So the above is not really applicable. =P

So do you girls have the same thought as me? Is this what you call 'materialistic'? Or do you believe that LOVE is everything? As long as you have each other you do not need anything else on Earth.

No comments: