Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Odds & Surprises

“Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls. Welcome on board to Malaysia Airlines. This is your captain speaking. We will be taking off in five minutes time. The journey from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur will take approximately seven hours…”

I picked up my hand phone straight away and messaged Bean stating that my flight will only take seven hours instead of the initial eight hours. After the flight has took off…

“Selamat datang ke Malaysia Airlines. Masa pe
nerbangan dari Melbourne ke Kuala Lumpur akan mengambil tujuh jam dan LIMA PULUH minit.” (Welcome on board to Malaysia Airlines. The journey from Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur will take seven hours and fifty minutes)

CRAP!!!!!! SHOOT!!! Bean waited for me in the airport an extra of one hour and forty minutes. Oops…

I rushed out from the flight once it has landed a
nd walked at my top speed. I felt really really bad for making Bean waited for me for such a long time. GAH!!! If only I heard properly… if only… I walked out to the exit and Bean was already walking towards me. Phew! I was glad Bean did not just give me a ‘Hie’ but instead he welcomed me with a HUMUNGOUS smile stretched from his left cheek all the way to the right cheek. At the moment when he gave me a hug, the feeling was just indescribable. I was finally in his arms. A scene that I always wished for has finally turned into a reality. A reality that was so seem like a dream.

Odd #1: Why is Bean carrying a backpack? Bean never carries a backpack!


Parents and Bean came in separate cars. I so thought I was going to follow my parents car though my heart wished that I could follow Bean instead. Hehe… but mum in the end asked me to follow his car. Wheeee!! When I was in Melbourne, I asked
him if he has bought any of the DVDs I was looking for and he casually said he forgot. Okay… =( Once I got into Bean’s car, he passed me a bag filled with sweets, a bear and the DVDs that he ‘forgot’ to buy for me. I really thought he did not get the DVDs and hence it was a great surprise for me when I opened the bag. A smile painted on my face immediately.


Suddenly Bean asked me to reach out for the Smart Tag (the toll thingy…) inside his backpack.

Odd #2: Since when Bean leaves his Smart Tag inside a backpack? He always leaves it in that… that compartment in front of the passenger seat. Yah lar… I don’t know what is it called.

Being so blurred at that point (maybe because I was too happily struck), I reached out for the backpack and unzip it. Guess what I found? Nope… not the Smart Tag but a box beautifully wrapped with a wrapping paper filled with heart shapes. I rip
ped the wrapping paper because he used some super strong double-sided tape and I saw this...




And this...



OMG!!!!!!!!!! He freaking bought me a new phone! A FREAKING NEW PHONE! If any of you who have been following my blog would know I wanted to change to a new phone. Why Bean did not buy the W800i you may ask? Is because I totally changed my mind right after I posted that entry. Hmm… Doe eyes tactic actually works! =P I later found out that he wrapped the present himself. *melt* He officially became the first man who personally wrapped a present for me. I told Bean if my mum found out she would definitely say ‘Chung wai sai!’ (You’re spoiling her!). She said the EXACT same words when she found out. So knew it!

Odd #3: “What time do your parents leave the house for work?” Bean asked me this question twice. He asked me when I was in Melbourne. He asked me again when I am back here.


I have no idea I am having jet lag or plainly cannot sleep. Ever since the exam started, I never ever sleep more than six hours a day regardless of how exhausted am I. I slept at 2.00am on the day I touched down and I woke up at 7.30am the following day. 7.30am. Bean should be having breakfast at this time.


Me: Hello… Having breakfast?

Bean: Yeah… Why are you awake so early?

Me: Cannot sleep but still tired!

Bean: So you going to sleep back?
Me: Yeah… I will see ya later.

You see… the plan was suppose to be me finding him for lunch during his lunch break at about 12.30pm. This cheeky fella suddenly said…


Bean: I am on leave today!

Me: WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY… I AM TOTALLY AWAKE NOW! NOT TIRED ANYMORE!


This fella I tell you! I once asked him to take leave when I am back and he gave me the reason he can’t because it is starting of the month. Usually that period of time he would be extra busy. I am lying if I tell you I was not even a bit disappointed. Just a little bit. However, the other side of me understood the circumstances. Anyway… it was history. The fact is he took leave FOR ME! I was so damn freaking super happy I went into my parents’ room and told them about it while they were half awake at 7.30am!


Me: OMG OMG OMG! Bean took leave today!

Mum: AIYO! Chung ku lei jou mat kuai! Hak sei ngor! (Aiyo! I thought what happened! Gave me a fright!)

Dad: Ish! (And he went back to sleep…)

Hehe…

Bean did so much for me. No doubt I claimed myself as the happiest girl on earth. It is not due to the surprises. It is because I got myself an amazing man. An indeed amazing one.


P/S: Sorry for the infrequent updates. There is something wrong with my house internet connection. I am in Starbucks right now using their internet connection. The connection is so slow I can actually fall asleep on the spot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww so sweet lah he! when can i meet him eh? and I laughed out loud when i read about what your parents said when u told him he took leave. Your dad esp - hahah I somehow can picture him saying that (from the few times I've met him) so clearly in my head! good on u - finding a nice boy like that. I wonder when mine will come my way???