Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Iku Yakitori

This is one of the bonding sessions I have with my housemate where only two of us go out for a nice dinner. When was the last time we did it? I honestly don't remember. Both of us have been really busy catching up with work and other stuff. I myself not too sure what we are so busy with... My housemate should *ahem* knows what she is so busy at *ahem* =P

Just yesterday we dropped by at this Japanese Restaurant near our house on Brunswick Street. We have always wanted to try out this restaurant but somehow w
e do not end up there. To my surprise, this restaurant looks quite good! I thought it would be some dodgy restaurant with a glamour name. As its name has suggested this restaurant is famous with yakitori (skewers). We just ordered a platter of yakitori for two.

The platter itself came with:-
2 beef skewers

2 pork ball skewers
2 chicken skewers
2 mushroom skewers
2 scallop skewers

2 bacon and asparagus skewers
2 eggplant skewers


The price for this platter is $32.00. Generally, it tasted okay. A bit too salty for my liking. I enjoyed the mushroom most. Okay... I am biased towards mushrooms coz I love them! So in love with it that I enjoyed eating it! =D Though the platter did not look a lot but both of us were stuffed by the time we leave the restaurant.


What I dislike about this restaurant is the table seating. It has the traditional Japanese style seating where you sit on the floor and your legs are under the table. Gosh... what kind of description am I giving? You know... under the table has a hole where you put your legs and then you plunge your ass on the floor which is supposedly a seat. Ah... I give up! I just want to tell you my legs were cramping at the end of the dinner session.

2 comments:

miss vanity said...

WHOAAA!! Looks yummy though.

*slurrrrrp*

im in uni and im boreddddd

ubean said...

yummy...tapi macam sikit ajer ler. mana cukups