Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Customer is always RIGHT!

Time really flies. I went out the whole afternoon and all I did was eat! The tram ride to St. Kilda took about 40 minutes! During the tram ride, there was a family stood right next to me and gosh! they stink! I could only think of two reasons: they did not shower for a long time or they did not wash their jackets! I endured the smell for the whole long tram ride! YUCKS! If you don't shower, at least spray some perfume to cover up the smell please!

We arrived at Rococos earlier than the birthday boy hoping that we could give him a small surprise. The fella actually eavesdropped on his girlfriend's conversation last night and he found out the whole plan! Spoiler!

All I had for breakfast was a cup of milk and a piece of cake! By the time I ordered my food, my tummy was growling all the way! And the freaking food took about 40 minutes to arrive! Okay never mind... Bean always says, 'Good things come to those who waits'. I patiently waited for my linguine pan-fried prawns with baby spinach, bla bla bla and e
xtra virgin olive oil.

The waitress came with few plates of pastas and she herself got confused! She did not even know which plate was which. A seafood pasta on her hand and she told us was spaghetti pan-fried prawns! Geez man... so many mussels and calamari how could it be pan-fried PRAWNS? A spaghetti pan-fried prawns she told me was LINGUINE pan-fried prawns! Geez man...the plate was so obvious was spaghetti! How could round long pasta be linguine? Linguine is flat okay! Like fettuccine but the smaller width version! She works in a pasta restaurant and doesn't know how to differentiate! WTH! She took like 5 minutes to differentiate the plates of pasta!

Spaghetti:



Linguine:


After she has finally sorted out the seafood pasta was seafood pasta and the spaghetti pan-fried prawns was spaghetti pan-fried prawns, she gave me the plate of spaghetti pan-fried prawns! My friend and I ordered the same pasta but she only wrote one order. We politely told her we did not order this instead of the other one.

She said,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
YOU ORDERED WRONGLY!

She even brought the menu and pointed to us which pasta we ordered, 'This is what you ordered'. What I ordered I don't know is it?

I assume she never heard of the phrase 'Customer is always right' Eh, I did order correctly! I pointed to her in the menu and pronounced word-by-word reading out the freaking long pasta description!

But then in the end she asked me if I would like to change the pasta. I was being so nice I just took the pasta.

Actually... I was too hungry! Hehe...


(pictures courtesy from netbsb.org and pristinefood.ca)

1 comment:

ubean said...

if u asked for a change...pray hard there wont be "additional" stuff. Better just screw the waitress and then walk off :D