Thursday, September 27, 2007

Signs of Aging

@ GPO

When I was back in KL I recalled I never have such many night outings. I used to spend my nights at home watching the television most of the times or maybe
head out to the mamak to catch up with friends. Rarely drink. Rarely club. But it is a whole new different story when I came to Melbourne! Nope... that does not mean I am an alcoholic or a clubber-holic! Just that there aren't many things to do in Melbourne at night. I can count it with five fingers. Late night movies, karaoke, drink or club. Oh! Four fingers are sufficient! If you do not drink or club in Melbourne, life seems pretty... plain? Correct me if I am wrong but this is how I feel anyway.

Just last two days when I went for an one-off event at GPO, I recalled my memories when I first (2007) came to Melbourne! All of a sudden I realized how big difference were there between this and last year! OMG! I seriously think I am aging!

@ Baroq House

Number 1

Back then, everything was so inviting and exciting! I was exposed very much to clubbing! I remembered last year I used to go clubbing every weekend without fail! Sometimes once a week, twice a week or even three times a week! Thursday, Friday and Saturday! The number of times I went clubbing this year cannot be compared AT ALL to last year's! No more weekly affair! This year I went like once in three or four weeks? This is a decrease of 91.67% per month! Mathematical solution: 100% - (1/12 X 100%). This is a freaking huge decline in frequency! There was once I asked my friend, 'Eh... not going today?' She replied, 'No lar... Old already lar!' Most of my weekends now are early dinner and go home to rest! WTH?!!


Number 2
Duration in a club last year's was from 10.30pm till the club closes about 4.00am. We would go really early to avoid the long queue. Whenever I go
clubbing now, I never enter the club earlier than 11.30pm and never leave the club later than 3.00am! Most of the time I will be leaving the club by 2.00am. Oh... I start yawning at about 1.00am!

@ se7en

Number 3
Usually in the club, there will be two rooms. One room for
House music and the other room for RnB music. My friends and I used to be crazy over RnB and totally dislike House. We would rush to the RnB room whenever we heard our favourite song. Then this year, I have no idea how I fell in love with House music! I would rather dance to House than RnB music! I could not even coordinate myself when I dance RnB music!

Number 4

My friends and I used to dance 5-6 songs continuously! And now... after two songs, my feet starts to hurt and I need to go back to the table to sit down!

@ BLVD

Number 5

After every clubbing event, my friends and I would definitely go for supper. We used to love the Big Breakfast at Golden Tower on Swanston St. Eventhough we just had a very energy consuming activity, we still had energy left to sit down and chit chat till the wee hours of the morning. Now? What supper? I rather go home as early as possible to have a good night rest!

Number 6
Hard liquor was the type of alcohol I mostly consume last time. Now I prefer to take sips of champagne or red wine.

Can someone please tell me if these are sign of aging?


I hope not!

4 comments:

miss vanity said...

YOOOO HOOO!!!!

I totally agree with you. What happened to all that energy ?!? :p

Miss Pharmacist said...

AHHHHH!!!!

You left a comment in my blog!!
TQ! TQ! TQ!

Old dy lor! Haha..

ubean said...

not getting old ler. more like getting matured. no longer like desperate kiddies tryin to get attention. :p

Anonymous said...

EXCUSE ME... what desperate kids??? what's wrong with enjoying dancing???? kit we're not aging coz we're losing stamina.. it's because we haven't been consistent enough that's why we lack the energy