Thursday, September 13, 2007

How to embarass yourself in a supermarket?

Woolworths or Woolies is one of the famous supermarket found in Australia. Being so special and high class, Melbourne wants to be different. Melbourne named it as Safeway! Maybe this supermarket chain wants to bring the impression that it is the safest way to do your grocery shopping there compared to any other supermarket.

I generally prefer to buy my groceries in Safeway because I feel that the stuff are cheaper but the fact is that every other supermarkets sells about the same price. Just say that I am bias towards Safeway! So, the last two days I went grocery shopping with my housemate. I walked into Safeway and grabbed a trolley. My eyes went straight to the trolley without the coin operated trolley lock. I wanted to skip the whole trouble of digging for a dollar coin for the trolley and putting the trolley back to the originated place to retrieve back my dollar coin (kidding! I always put back the trolley okay!).

As soon as I started to push the trolley, I found out the trolley tyres are not working well. The tyres are senget and therefore do not roll in a straight line. As usual, me being too lazy did no bother to change the trolley. I have stated on the above that I wanted to skip the whole trouble of digging for a dollar coin and thought that I am damn smart. I thought I could tame this stupid trolley with my good skills. Honestly, I could handle the trolley really well. Seriously! Just that I did not tell you how stupid I look pushing the freaking trolley!

The trolley was actually still in working condition. Just that when you are trying to push it, you have to slightly shift your body weight to the left giving a harder push on the trolley to roll in the direction you want. What I had to do was to first move my left leg forward and then give a push on the trolley. This whole procedure repeated throughout the whole grocery shopping session that lasted for AN HOUR! The trolley would not even move if you just push it like how you normally push it! Oh... did I mention that I look even more stupid when I am trying to turn my trolley into an aisle?

Don't believe? Watch it yourself...



DAMN! I should have just change the trolley at the very beginning!

Malunya...


(picture courtesy of woolworths.com.au)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah u look like a RETARD!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa