Tuesday, September 11, 2007

How persuasive?

About two weeks ago, a society in my university organized a musical concert to raise fund for charity. My gosh... you should see how desperate... oops... I mean enthusiastic this girl was trying to sell the tickets.

I was happily sitting in the lecture theatre when I unintentionally overheard this conversation. Sorry... I wasn't being impolite! I can't help it! Because she was talking too LOUDLY! I was then left with no choice but to eye-witness her great persuading skills.

(purple indicating what was going through my mind at that moment)

She: So are you buying the ticket?
Vivian: Ermmm.. I don't think so.
She: Why?
Vivian: (we had a test coming up on the following week) I need to study.
She: (raised her voice) NO VIVIAN! DON'T USE STUDY AS AN EXCUSE FOR CHARITY!

Me: What the hell?? Great persuading skills she has!

Vivian: Why are you picking on me?
She: I am not picking on you.

Me: Geez... not you then who is?

Vivian: What if I have work?
She: Change your shift!
Vivian: (speechless)
She: You buy the ticket but you can don't attend the concert.

Me: Wahhhhh.. then why don't you buy all the tickets yourself and attend as one person?

In the end, the poor Vivian could not fight back and bought the ticket! The girl felt so satisfied after selling one ticket, she went around trying to find another waterfish.

She: Would you like to attend the concert this Friday?
Guy: Oh... let me see the ticket.
She: (wah... she thought she gonna make another sale) Okay... so are u coming?
Guy: Nah... I don't think so.
She: (and again...) THIS IS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SOCIETY EVENT. YOU AS AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SHOULD ATTEND!

Me: I don't see you attending university events like the upcoming ball?

Guy: Ermmmm....
She: So?
Guy: I don't think I am interested.

Phew... thank god this guy did not become a waterfish. She thought her tactic could work on everyone else. Too bad... she FAILED miserably. =P I wondered where did she learn her persuading skills from? She was not even persuading. She was more like demanding. If I was her friend, I would definitely have told her off. On second thought, if I was her friend, I would probably be attending without even her asking. Gladly, she wasn't my friend!

Let me teach her some persuading skills lar... probably works better on the guys than her way! This is how I would do it.

Me: Hey... are you guys interested in the concert?
Guy: Hmmm... I don't think so.
Me: Awwwwww... why not?
Guy: I might be busy.
Me: Awwww... It would be fun! COME LAR!!! COME LARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Guy: Hmmmm....
Me: COME LARRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! OKAY?? OK!!!
Guy: (nothing he can do but to buy the ticket!)

You see... what is so difficult? Don't even need to raise your voice or spend more than five minutes!

waterfish: someone who you can easily take advantage of.

P/S: name has been changed.

2 comments:

ubean said...

If your tactic dont work...just wack the guy to submission. Muahahahahha

Miss Pharmacist said...

make sure you are not that guy... muahahaahhahha