Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Fried Baby Clams with Chilli

Anyone who has known me long enough knows I LUURRRVEEEEE Lala/Clams/Pipi! You know... the little tiny clam in a grey colour shell? My mum always says, "Hou sek meh? Dou mou yuk!" (Why is it so nice? There isn't much flesh!) I totally agree of what she says but I have no idea how this fella captured my taste buds. I love this ever since I was 9 years old? I frantically searched the WHOLE Kuala Lumpur for this the last time I went back for winter break. When I gave up my slightest hope, I found it in a place selling prawn noodle.

After I have finished the first bowl of clams,

Bean: You don't want another bowl?

Me: It's okay...
Bean: You sure?
Me: Hehe... OK LAR!

In the end, I ate two bowls of pure clams! Did not even share a piece with Bean! That is how much I like this mini fella!

Ever since I returned back to Melbourne, I did not have a single taste of clams. It is quite difficult to find it in Melbourne unless you are willing to pay a bomb for it in Chinese restaurant! However, Chinese restaurant serves those of a different species, the thicker shell which I less prefer.

Look what my housemate unintentionally found in an Asian grocery store in Melbourne yesterday!

Bless her for her good eyesight and the guy who manufactured this!

Let me show you the simplest way to savour this fried baby clam with chilli.

Fried Baby Clams with Chilli
Preperation time: 30 seconds

Cooking time: 60 seconds
Serving: 1 person

Ingredients:
1) A can of Fried Baby Clam with Chilli
2) A bowl of hot steaming white rice
3) An egg (optional)


Directions:

1) Open the can. (DUH! Well, just in case you chuck the can into the microwave. =P)


2) Pour the baby clams into a bowl.



3) Heat up the baby clams for a maximum of 60 seconds. Caution: Do not reheat the baby clams as it will turns out to be quite dry.

4) Get ready a bowl of steam rice. (optional: fry an
egg)

5) Topple the baby clams onto the steam rice.

6) Serve immediately.


Okay... this might look not so appetizing but it tastes SO DAMN GOOD!
Quote from my housemate, "This is like an ugly duckling that turns out to be a beautiful swan!"

This can of Fried Baby Clams with Chilli only costs you $1.29 and the brand is Smiling Fish Brand.

Oh yeah... I am definitely smiling with you fish!

Go get it now from your nearest Asian grocery!

2 comments:

ubean said...

so...how many cans of smiling fish did you stock up then? :p

Miss Pharmacist said...

hehe.. one only!